THE SECRETS TO BREAKING BAD HABITS!
Media: Please review all media prior to your next scheduled appointment.
- The Secrets to Breaking Bad Habits!
Exercises: Please complete and submit all of the exercises listed below at least 24 hours before your next weeks appointment. I will review these weekly to create a more personalized program that’s tailored to your unique needs.
- Meals must all be vibrant in colour; more colourful than usual (whatever that means to you!).
- Be present with your meals. Acknowledge how lucky you are to be eating such powerful foods.
- Look at your plate and get in a state of gratitude before you begin your meals.
- Sticking to only to the foods on your nutritional guide (plus any one-on-one recommendations).
- On a daily basis, actioning at least one of your relevant action steps from “Creating 3 Month Visions” exercise.
- Working to reduce noise from things that don’t serve your highest good.
Meditations: Please listen to suggested meditation every day. They must be listened to either at the beginning of the day upon rising, or just before retiring for bed. Your meditations can be found on your home page (personal library).
- There are two parts of the autonomic nervous system: the sympathetic nervous system (fight, flight or freeze response), and the parasympathetic nervous system (rest and repair).
- The two systems work independently of each other; you cannot be in both systems at the same time.
- In the sympathetic nervous system you are surviving.
- In the parasympathetic nervous system you are thriving.
- Stress that we feel we have no control over increases our desire to eat.
- Stress can negatively affect our weight set point.
- In the stress response, we compulsively react to threats in the same automatic programs/routines.
- Whatever routine helped us find safety, security, comfort, energy, love and/or fulfilment the first time we experience a particular stressor, will be recorded as an automatic response the next time around.
- We innately have some core needs that must be fulfilled.
- Our core needs include: food, water, warm, rest, safety, security, stability, love, acceptance, self-esteem, purpose, regular achievements and/or fulfilling rewards.
- Each craving and/or aversion we have is to ultimately fulfil one of these core needs.
- Refined, engineered foods release abundant and unnatural levels of the chemicals associated with pleasure and reward, temporarily fooling our brain into believing our core needs were met.
- If a core need is not met, we will keep looking to fulfil it.
- Willpower has a limit. In the absence of willpower you will find yourself compulsively reacting to life based on subconscious programs/routines/habits.
- The brain creates new neural networks through emotionally charged experiences.
- The more rewarding a behaviour is (the more positive emotion associated with the behaviour) the more eager the brain is to store it as a habit.
- For new neural networks to become hardwired, repetition and heightened emotions are key.
- We are attracted to colour because we are meant to get excited by the prospect of foods vibrant in colours.
- The food industry wraps engineered food-like stimulants in bright colours to allure you. Yet, the foods themselves lack these colours.
- If you want to feel more alive than dead, you need to eat foods that are more alive than dead.
- When new routines are set with empowering, inspiring, meaningful, loving intentions, it increases the chance they become automatic routines.
- When new routines are set with criticism, low self-worth, disempowering thoughts or beliefs, and negative emotions, they activate the stress response.
- Most of our beliefs about our current value in this world, were established from a few emotional charged events in our earliest years.
- Of the hundreds of people that apply for this program, I chose you.
Level #3: How to Manage the Most Powerful factors that Lead to Compulsive Eating!
Disclaimer: All contents of this program, including any reference to any materials, resources and documents within are for general guidance only and the author and creator of this program does not make and has not made any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, content, legality or completeness of any of the information contained within. The information within this website is not a substitute for, without limitation, medical, pharmaceutical, therapeutic, healthcare or other professional advice. Any person who has any questions, concerns or requires further information with respect to information contained on this site should consult with their relevant health provider before starting, stopping or changing medical treatment. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the creator excludes any liability arising from any use of the information contained in this program. Participants in this program are advised that there is no current cure for addiction. This program is for the sole purpose of holistic empowerment and personal development. The creator makes no claims or guarantees as to the outcome over the course of this 90 day program.